Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Little Red Riding Hood

"I came to my Christian faith later in life and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead. Being my brother's and sisters’ keeper, treating others as they would treat me..." (President Barack Hussein Obama during a pre-election campaign stop in Albuquerque, N.M.).

Remember little red riding hood and that one particularly intense moment when she says: "Grandmother, what big teeth you have"? No matter how hard the big bad wolf tried, there are some things a wolf just can't fake.

Same with President Obama today. Even with an army of ghost writers scripting the answer for an obviously staged question, faking faith just isn't easy. Here are just a few of the words of Scripture Team Obama got woefully backwards:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them..." (Matthew 7:12).

No comments: